Friday, July 06, 2007

Bumpy week.

I've been a moody, sick girl this week, and the Eating Machine has been taking advantage of that, and I've been letting him.

I was on track all day Saturday, and decided that Sunday (the holiday) would be my Treat Day for the month. (Usually I go for the Saturday closest to the start of the month, but hey.) But by the time Sunday was over with, it had morphed into a "Quarterly Points-Free Day", which is not a bad idea, as long as I bounced back from it.

Well, I didn't bounce back. Have you ever tried to walk a cat on a leash? That's kind of how I came back to program.

Monday was kind of a screwy day. My head was killing me and I just felt rotten (pretty much the story since, actually), so I just ate what looked interesting and when I felt like it. Didn't write a single thing down, either. Hubby was home, and I usually do better with my food choices when he's not eating better-smelling stuff.

Tuesday morning the scale showed me as being up four pounds over Saturday, which reinforced my resolve to go back on program. I went over my daily target, but only by 2.4, so it wasn't all that bad. Wednesday I was a good girl, and yesterday was pretty good, too.

Most of the gain is gone now, and I'm feeling a little better. (The headache is still there, but it's the weather, and I've got the Advil army on my side.) So today will finish off my so-so week, and I'll start fresh in the morning. I wish I'd done better, but at least I pulled myself out of it with a few days to spare.

Ciao.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know you are making progress when your "off" days a limited to a "part" of your week instead of your whole week!

See you in the morning! do you need a drive?

ML