Monday, June 18, 2007

Re-Boot!

Well, I did it. I went away, ate my way across three provinces (having whatever I felt like having and then some, including a "Trucker's Special" that even *I* couldn't finish), and then I came home and went back on program on Saturday. And I'm very pleased about that.

Saturday was a completely "on-program" day. I think I've figured out a way to get the oil in without being cranky about it. I take it (like medicine) first thing in the morning. That way I'm not sitting there going "Would I prefer popcorn or oil?" at the end of the day. We got groceries and I got "good stuff", making sure not to buy too many low-point yummies so that I'm not tempted to just sit down and plough through it.

Yesterday was a bit of a challenge, but I'm pleased with how I handled it. I had to work from 11:45 to about 5:45 yesterday, so I figured I wouldn't be doing the Father's Day Meal Out, since Dr. Munchkin had asked what I was doing for the afternoon. Well, things changed and Dr. Munchkin called to invite me to join the gang for breakfast at Cora's *before* I went to work. So I said "Sure!".

Well, Cora's is a decadent, all-day breakfast restaurant with lots of yummy, comfort-type food. I'd never been there before, so I went online on the off chance that they had their nutri-info available. They didn't. But I realized that, due to timing, that meal would be both breakfast and lunch (I hadn't eaten anything yet), and that would give me a fair bit of leeway.

(This is the part I'm particularly proud of and indicates to me that my head is really back in the game again.)

So I looked at the menu and found myself going, "Okay, that's protein there, and that will allow me to check off x-number of fruits/vegetables, and that's a milk ..." In other words, I was thinking in terms of "food units". I ordered quite a bit (and put it all away, including the lettuce garnish, because, hey, it's a vegetable), and I'm not sure what the calorie count was, but it was up there (sausages, whipped cream and custard, even amongst massive amounts of fruit, will do that). But where I normally would have said, "Well, there goes *that* week" because I didn't know what to do for the info, I instead decided to just eat very little when I got home at supper, and to make sure I don't use more than 20 flexpoints this week.

Since I'm journalling in both my Weight-By-Date software and my little three-month WW journal, I just wrote a note on the computer as to why only "afternoon snack" and "dinner" were listed. In my little WW journal, I wrote in everything I ate (except the lettuce -- it's just green solid water), and under the points columns, I just wrote "Breakfast at Cora's - No idea of info, etc.".

So I was in control yesterday -- both in what I was eating, and my attitude. In short, I ROCK!

Speaking of "rocking" ... A few weeks back, Rosy and I are were talking about how we both want to regain our "fifty pounds off" status and get those snazzy little medals for our WW keyrings. At some point in the conversation, I said, "When I get fifty back ...". Well, Rosy, musically-inclined girl that she is, immediately started laughing, thinking of Justin Timberlake's song, "SexyBack". We jokingly said "FiftyBack" should become our theme song.

Well, I've decided that I'm going to play "SexyBack" in a loop in the background for a little while each morning as a focusing thing while I'm doing email, et cetera.

So I'm back, and so are the tickers. I've lost 0.8 lbs. since Saturday morning and I'm fine with that. After all, it is only Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are back in the saddle - so to speak :)

ML