Saturday, June 02, 2007

Back in the saddle again.

It feels like a couple of hundred years since I've posted anything here. This business of working three jobs (substitute teaching, tutoring, and training/working as a framing associate) is really taking up the hours. Things will be settling down very soon, though, and I think I'm pretty relieved about that!

A couple of weeks ago (May 18), Hubby gave me a wonderful, incredibly thoughtful gift for our eleventh wedding anniversary. I guess over the eleven years, he's realized that I'm still just as much a horse nut as I ever was as a kid. So for our anniversary he presented me with gift certificates for *four* trail rides up at Rockwood Park. I am both excited and nervous about this. I can't wait to go, but, on the other hand, I have serious concerns. I haven't been on a horse in 25 years. Am I going to be able to haul myself up into the saddle? (No way will I use a mounting block. If I can't do it myself, I don't want to do it at all.) Will I be too heavy for the horse?

I'm using this gift as a motivator. I weighed in at 256.6 at WW this morning. The gift certificates expire in October, so I have to use them before then. I think I'd be comfortable trying it at around the 230-235 pound mark, because I know that there are men out there who ride horses at that size. So I'm setting my sights on that. (That will also allow me to regain my status of 50 pounds off, and I get the funky little medal for my keychain.)

My "reboot" date is June 16th. By then I will be back from my week-long trip to Ottawa (staying at family's place, so can't really control what I eat, other than portion size, very well), and two of these jobs will be out of the way. So I will be able to focus. And I'm looking forward to that. I can't remember if I told you or not, but I won a six-month WW membership at our centre's open house a few weeks ago. It expires November 3, and there's a slight chance, if I work really, really hard, that I might be able to have my weight start with a "1" by then. And if not, I'll be a heck of a lot closer to it than I am now.

Anyway, just thought I'd check in and tell you I'm still out here, and what I'm up to. In many ways, it's the "same old-same old", and in other ways, it's an exciting beginning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thought I should let you know that I am still checking in on ya! Enjoy Ottawa and I will see you next Sat.

ML