Saturday, June 03, 2006

Rainy Saturday Morning

There's no WW meeting this morning as the leaders are all having a meeting of their own. I've often wondered what the refreshments at those meetings would be like. Is there a big buffet with little labels (3 points, 2 points) all over everything? Measuring cups and spoons and scales everywhere? Since, in some ways, I feel it's my duty to become a leader eventually (especially since that'll make sure I keep it off), maybe one day I'll find out. :)

There was a teeny-weeny showdown at the Superstore last night. My husband and I went to get groceries and I was loading up the cart with all of my low-point favourites. I was exhausted and pretty sore, but so glad to be out of the house twice in one day (had lunch with Dr. Munchkin at Swiss Chalet) that I didn't want to miss it. He was tired too, having driven all over southern New Brunswick doing computer service calls all day. Anyway, the conversation started to go like this.

KJ: (puts a box of Thinsations in the cart.)

Hubby: That's bad for you.

KJ: No, it's not.

Next aisle:

KJ: (puts a package of Baked Cheddar Alligator snacks in the cart.)

Hubby: That's bad for you.

KJ: No, it's not.

Next aisle:

KJ: (picks up a Delissio Balance Pizza and puts it in the cart.)

Hubby: That's bad for you.

KJ: (whirling around) NO, IT'S NOT. (glare of death) I KNOW what I'm DOING. I've lost more than 60 pounds, I'll have you know, and that wasn't an accident. Over the past year, which one of us has been losing weight and which one of us had been gaining? (Cheap shot. His bad eating habits are catching up with him, and he's getting his middle-aged spread.) So do NOT question every single item I put in this cart simply because I'm not looking at the label. I KNOW THE LABEL.

A moment later:

Hubby: (in a very sweet, "wants to be helpful" voice) Karen, here's some nice low-fat frozen yogurt you might like. I know it's not the same as ice cream, but ...

The poor man. He tries so hard to help me sometimes. Still, it gave me great pleasure to crawl back into bed this morning after visiting Frank.

KJ: Sweetie?

Hubby: (various sleepy mumblings)

KJ: Do you remember last night when I told you that I knew what I was doing?

Hubby: (various cautious sleepy mumblings)

KJ: Well, I just wanted you to know that, as of this morning, I've lost exactly seven pounds since the surgery last week.

Hubby: (snaps awake) Really?

Yes, folks -- I'm down another two as of this morning. I'm starting to think that most of that weight that climbed on the last few months was just water, because it's leaving fast.

I'm back, baby! :)

No comments: