Monday, January 14, 2008

And another week begins ...

It's been kind of bumpy.

I did really, really well last week, until I was at the hockey game Wednesday night. Almost every time the announcer opened his mouth, it was about food. Then there was the six-foot party sub delivered to Section This, and a Vito's pizza delivery to Section That, and by the time the third period rolled around, I was losing my mind. By the time the game was over, I'd wolfed down a blueberry fritter. And by the time I went to bed, I'd lost count of what I'd shoveled in.

Not good.

Thursday wasn't much better, but things have improved since then. Still, it's That Week, and between that and the Seasonal Affective Disorder (a symptom of which, apparently, is the desire to eat copious amounts of carbs), and I'm spending every sleeping hour dreaming of pasta and Doritos.

Having said all that, though -- there is still ice cream in my freezer from two weeks ago.

I'm doing okay.

No comments: