Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday morning update

Ohhh, I don't feel like going to work this morning. My head is killing me (either the weather or my monthly migraine -- or both) and I feel like I could sleep for a week. But enough whining -- here's your update.

After giving in to the ice cream and then surviving grad night, Tuesday was an awesome day. I hit 32 points bang-on (which, when you consider I count to the first decimal place, is even more impressive), got in all of WW little boxes to check off, as well as hit all of my own personal nutritional targets. The only thing that I noticed (but am not counting yet) is that the reading on the pedometer was pitiful (407 steps) because I was a slug that day and did nothing except try to sleep off a headache I had.

Yesterday was a little less stellar, but not bad overall. My points were 33.1 for the day, using up Flexpoint #20. If I want to stay at no more than that for the week, I have to hit 32 bang-on today and tomorrow. I have to make an actual decision on this because of something coming up tonight. (More on that later.)

I got in all of the WW guidelines yesterday, but didn't quite get my personal fibre target (21 out of 25) and went over on my sodium (3218 mg, vs. my 2400 mg limit). The sodium, by the way, was doing just fine until I had the Bacon Ranch Salad (with Grilled Chicken) at McDonalds. (Why they feel the need to add 1030 mg of sodium to that one little piece of chicken is beyond me. I wonder if I can request no seasoning added or if it comes in the truck that way.) I did a little better with the pedometer (1646 steps) but still nothing like I do on a day I work.

So that brings us to today. Friends of mine from Connecticut (friends I met through my late dog, actually) are part of an RV caravan that's swinging through my town. They arrive this afternoon and we're going out to dinner tonight. I am sitting here trying to decide if I want to eat nothing but lettuce and celery all day, or if I want to dip into some of those fifteen flexpoints I said I wouldn't use this week.

I have to use six points just on the oil and milk products alone. If I have a bag of frozen vegetables for lunch, that'll keep the points low (2.7) and help me get in about 17 g of my 25 g of fibre. (The hard part will be ignoring the vending machines in the staff lunch room, so I'll take a 2-point Kit Kat Single to defeat that.) That will leave me with about 23 points for supper. They have left it up to me as to where we go, but they're driving a 30-foot RV (my car is still dead), and the only place nearby that I have points for is Pizza Delight.

(I'm thinking out loud here -- you get that, right?)

So if we go to Pizza Delight and I order a Fajita Flat'za (10.3 points) and a Caesar Salad (10.6 points), I can get in the rest of my protein that way, so the only thing I'll be falling short on is fibre. But I'll eat 7 g of Fibre 1 cereal and that will top me up, for a grand total of 32.1 points and meeting all of the WW and personal nutritional targets.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have a plan. :)

No comments: