Friday, June 22, 2007

Those evil bastards.

I'm not one of those waist-watchers who has to battle chocolate urges. Chocolate doesn't do it for me. Don't misunderstand -- I like it -- but if I'm going to have what I want to have, well, let me eat cake.

My absolute favourite cake of all time is pineapple upside-down cake. I remember Mom making it when I was a kid, and I absolutely loved it, couldn't get enough of it, would have devoted an entire scrapbook to it, made Barbie make it for Ken -- you name it, pineapple upside-down cake was on the table in my happiest of happy places. And my Mom made the best.

So, here I am, having just completed a successful week of being back on program, and Hubby and I are off getting the groceries. I'm making healthy choices and patting myself on the back, and for once in my life, I'm not craving anything at the grocery store. Everything is going along just fine, until BAM!!! The five-foot FREAKING BILLBOARD advertising President's Choice's new Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. And it's on sale!

Well, I run over to the display like a madwoman, leaving a trail of drool in my wake, only to find that there is forty-two points' worth of cake in that box. Each individual cake is "only" ten points, but who am I kidding? That box would never see a refrigerator. And so I cried, I whined, I moped, I pleaded with The Points Gods -- and I left it sitting there. I only took a picture of it to share with you [although I'm pretty sure that I scared the employee with my Glare of Death (tm) when he looked like he might question me.]. And now I'm sitting here trying not to think about it, and I just know I'm going to dream about a pineapple upside-down cake buffet.

Okay, folks -- when I get to goal, I'm going to buy the damn things. And I'm going to eat them. I don't care if I'm eighty-six-years-old by then, I'm going to eat them and they are going to be good.

So there!

No comments: