Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happy Day with KJ

So, I went to WW this morning, and for the first time in weeks, I hopped on that scale as fast as my little legs would let me. And lo and behold, I was down 5.8 lbs! Woohoo!

I'm keeping my mind's eye on regaining the 50-lbs-off level so that I can add another "medal" to my keyring. I love those new awards. You can keep them with you anywhere without screaming "look at me -- I go to WW!". (Of course, having this blog pretty much does that for me, but you know what I mean.) They have four little disks/medals that fit on your 10-percent keyring: pewter-coloured for 25 lbs, bronze-coloured for 50 lbs (my next one), silver-coloured for 75 lbs, and then gold-coloured for 100 lbs. And I'm gonna get them all! *grin*

After WW, Hubby and I went grocery shopping, and I picked up some new yummies (both new kinds of the Thinsations). I also picked up a bag of high-fat BBQ Munchie Mix, but I made myself enter the nutritional info into the computer right away, then I took it back downstairs and divided it up into 50 g zip bags. That way it's impossible for me to unconsciously eat too much of it.

One of the things I've discovered in this journey is that I'm a person who "eats by the container". In other words, if I open a box or bag, I eat 'til it's empty. That's why I'm so glad they have all of these 100-calorie packs now, and the thin and single chocolate bars. It makes life so much easier on me. I've been teased at work a few times about it, to the point that I wanted to knock them on their skinny butts, but it really, really works for me. (Now, if we could just get me to the point that I don't eat whole frozen pizzas because that's the way they're cooked, life would be grand!)

I feel like my head is back in the game now, instead of me just hoping it is. It's like I've shaken off all the crap. I haven't felt this determined on my journey since the Saturday morning I insisted Hubby take me to WW less than 48 hours after having my gallbladder out.

Oh, and for those of you who might be wondering -- I didn't go get the cheeseburger. *grin*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey KJ! Great to hear things are on the upswing for ya!! I had a good day too on Sat and I am looking forward to earning my 50lb medal too!!

ML