Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Get Out of Jail Free.

I've been thinking the last few weeks that trying to get back on program when my only real routine is sitting around and brooding all day is probably not going to amount to much. I have never been so glad for the final days of summer ticking away to nothing. This summer is not one I'd wish to repeat -- far too hard on my head.

Less than two weeks to go before I'm back to work. Many of my teacher-friends are back the week earlier, but I have a bit of time, being a substitute. (No kids in class means no subbing.) And I think I'm going to take it and use it to prepare for a successful year. Once things start up again, I can leave this summer in my dust and get back on track.

I received in the mailbox an offer from WW that allows me to come back and not cash in my missed meeting coupons, but rather just pay my usual weekly fee. I really can't afford to go right now anyway, but this makes the decision that much easier. The offer expires on September 9, so I'm just going to return then. Then I can keep my missed meeting coupons, and go back when I have a sense of routine back in my life. Right now I just haven't got enough "oomph" to keep myself going -- I need some external structure to give me a hand.

Oh, and I'm getting a cold. (sniff) Pathetic, ain't I? :)

No comments: