Saturday, July 15, 2006

WW Weigh-In #39 - 243.0 (up 9.6, 46.2 lost in total)

Well, I'm home. We had a guest leader today, Sally. She seems very nice, and is the leader at the meeting where my step-mom got to goal. I missed ML, though.

Going back today was a big step. In the "old days", I would have quit. In the "old days", I wouldn't have been going so long that I'd have enough "missed meeting" coupons to cover my butt for the time I'd missed, and I'm sure that plays a part. But to come back, knowing that I was going to be about ten pounds up over the last time, and fifteen up from my lowest point -- that was hard.

I talked to some new people today: Norma, who I remember from my last WW attempt at the Boys and Girls Club, and Pam who has recently moved to this city. Nice people. That's one thing I can honestly say -- in the 865 times (it seems) that I've done WW, there have only really been one or two individuals who drove me nuts, and they aren't at my current meeting. We have a great bunch on Saturday mornings.

So after the meeting, I came home and had some cereal and yogurt. I wanted to go to Subway, but part of me said "not yet". Maybe later in the week. We're going to go get groceries soon, so I have to take stock of what food I've got in the house so that I'll know what I need. I think I might portion things out so that this week is a little easier. I'd been thinking about it even before today's topic, as it's worked before when I awas trying to get back on track. If it's already measured, I don't have to think about it -- just grab and go. If I'm going to over-eat, I have to choose to do it, which makes it less likely to happen. Every little bit helps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job on going to the meeting on Sat. Did you get your cupboard cleaned out and your groceries bought?

See you Sat!
ML