Friday, May 12, 2006

Time-out from WW.

I've made a decision to take a little breather from WW and my weekly meetings.

I just counted, and I have five "missed meeting coupons", so I think (please correct me if I'm wrong, ML or Kelly) that I can miss the next five meetings without having to pay for them. That's a five-week window to get this taken care of.

I haven't really been on-program since the trouble with Mr. Gallbladder started in February. I am finding it just a little too difficult to deal with that and concentrate on losing weight. I look at food and I'm afraid to eat it. In the next minute, I'm mad and scarfing down garbage. I just can't do this right now, and wasting good money on it just doesn't make sense.

After the episode last Tuesday night, the surgeon said that I'd be getting rid of this thing in a matter of "weeks, rather than months". I think things are getting worse, and that also bodes well for "sooner, rather than later". I'm a little worried that I'll put weight back on, but, at the same time, I've been off-program for three months now and have only gained seven pounds. Five weeks will not be sufficient time to do significant damage to what I've done so far.

I'm going to miss the people at my meeting, but I think this is best for right now. And I'll only stay away until it's out, or I've run out of missed meeting coupons. This I pledge to myself, and you are all my witnesses.

Keep me posted, my "Saturday Morning Sisters". I'll be cheering you on from here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey You!! I will be counting the weeks :)

ML