Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas din-din.

My Christmas dinner turned out okay. The labelled gravy was less than outstanding, but it was okay. I think the hardest part for me was asking Hubby to throw out the stuffing leftovers. He doesn't eat it, and it's my absolute favourite comfort food (yes, even more than ice cream, if you can believe it). But I knew that if the leftovers stayed in the house, I'd eat them whether I really wanted to or not. And so, they're gone. Nothing left but turkey.

After we ate, we headed out to Hubby's sister's place, where I politely refused everything and did my best to ignore the cheese and crackers nearby. This wasn't hard to do, as there were six nieces and nephews running and laughing and tickling everywhere. I did, however, go hunt down a piece of apple pie.

I can't believe how much Christmas is about food. Even more surprising to me is the fact that I'd forgotten this.

No comments: