Sunday, March 02, 2008

The First Night

The conversation in my bed last night went something like this:

STOMACH: Uh, hello? I'm empty.

KJ: I'm hungry.

HUBBY: That's because it's working.

STOMACH: Yo! You stopped feeding me more than two hours ago. You want me to waste away to nothing?!

KJ: I'm hungry.

HUBBY: The first week is the hardest.

STOMACH: FEED ME NOW, DAMMIT!!!

KJ: I'm really hungry.

HUBBY: Just try to go to sleep.

STOMACH: What the hell is WRONG with you, WOMAN?! Why aren't we going TO THE KITCHEN?!

KJ: (sighs) I'm really, really hungry.

HUBBY: It'll get easier.

STOMACH: I'm a BIG, EMPTY SPACE! I'm DYING HERE! HURRY UP AND ...

(STOMACH's wailing is abruptly cut off as KJ rolls over on top of it and tries to go to sleep.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAAAYYY for KJ! Squish that voice! I am rooting for ya! I know you can do it - and I am gonna do it with ya!

ML

Writing Nag said...

you can do it KJ! I know it's difficult, but the rewards are amazing.