Thursday, March 06, 2008

Birthday Setback

This is a confession and that is all. My head has already bounced back.

What is it about special occasions that make us feel entitled to eat badly? Yesterday was, of course, my birthday. Hubby, being very conscious of me being back on program, brought me home a little individual-sized birthday carrot cake from the Superstore. He even tried to get the nutritional information for me, but the dept manager who would know where to find it had already gone home for the day.

I enjoyed my birthday cake (he even put a candle on it for me, but said that the other 37 wouldn't fit). But after ignoring persistent thoughts that popped into my head all day "Boston Pizza sent me a coupon for a free dessert today; Pizza Delight will let me have a free lunch buffet today ...", I only had so much will left. It was 8 PM, and I was hungry (having postponed supper because I wasn't sure what Hubby and I were doing meal-wise until he came home). So I wound up eating seven of those hash brown potato patties (also known as how ever many would fit on the pan). They were baked, not fried, and might even count as my missing vegetables, but I'm guessing they came in somewhere at twenty points or so.

Oops.

So because of that, and because I've been really bad about getting the water in the last two days, I'm up a little this morning. But no worries.

I'm back in the game.

No comments: