Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Hello, everybody! I'm back and raring to go! This year is going to be awesome -- I can just feel it in my bones!

As of this morning, I weighed 258.6 pounds, which is more than I would like, but still almost forty pounds less than I did when I started this journey in August of 2005. And that, in itself, is quite an achievement. This is the first time ever that I haven't gained it all back.

I started a new profile in my Weight By Date Pro software, not counting what I've done before but just starting with today. That way the "projected goal date" at the top of the screen (always an encouragement for me) will be accurate, using only data starting from today.

I'm going to start tracking WW points today, and when I go to my meeting on Saturday, I'm going to start a new three-month journal, as well as buy three months' worth of coupons. Bring it on, baby -- this girl is back!

I'm also going to make myself exercise each and every single day, and I'm not going to need any fancy equipment except a CD player and me. The less equipment, the less excuses possible. I'm going to make myself a "Weight Loss Soundtrack", that's about 20 to 30 minutes long, and for as long as the music plays, I have to keep moving. Dance like a maniac, do jumping jacks, whatever. Just keep moving. For now, that's still a lot more than I've been doing up to this point. Next month I'll see if I can fix whatever's ailing Jim (his digital read-out/heart rate monitor is dead) and add that in.

"I get knocked down, but I get up again ... You're never gonna keep me down ..."

Guess what song is going in the Number One position in that soundtrack? *grin*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YYAAAAYYY!!!

Great to have you back on track!
Looking forward to your updates!

ML