Monday, June 25, 2007

I think I've just committed a crime.

So, while at the grocery store the other day (the day I spotted the cake we won't mention), I saw some new ice cream: President's Choice Pecan Butter Tart. I picked it up, looked at the info, figured it would be about 6 points a cup and brought it home, where I promptly discovered it was 8.4 points a cup. Oops.

Well, since then I haven't been able to get through the day without the stuff, and I keep thinking about it way too much. I'm also trying to keep my sugar to a reasonable level, and let's just say this stuff is murderous.

So an hour ago I decided it was time to take back control. I went downstairs, grabbed a bowl, measured out a good-sized (not "good" as in "healthy" but "good" as in "goooooood") portion, and then threw the rest of the container in the sink, under the tap. I had to turn my head before I "hit the switch" and sent the rest of the ice cream bubbling down the drain.

Oh, that hurt. Almost as much as kissing my flexpoints goodbye. But at least it's taken care of, and it's still only Monday. If I had to have a binge, better today than later in the week. Now it's gone from the house, and I can just focus again. (And for once I didn't decide that the easiest way to get rid of it was by eating it! High-five to me.)

No comments: