Friday, January 26, 2007

Counting sheep instead of points.

I hate nights like this. I had trouble getting to sleep in the first place, and then I woke up an hour ago. Needless to say, I'm still awake. If I'm still awake at 5:00, I'm going to the gym.

Speaking of the gym, I finally made it to a weight-training orientation session. The good news: it was only me and one other person with the trainer. The bad news? The other person was one of my students -- and a teensy cheerleader at that! I feel the same way about learning something hands-on in front of someone the way a lot of people feel about public speaking. So although she's a really good kid, I felt pretty awkward in general. But I survived, and I think she did too, so it's all okay.

Remind me to tell you why I love the new WW television commercials. In the meantime, I'm going to try to PDA-Monopoly myself back to sleep. (There's something in the rolling of the virtual dice that often does the trick.)

No comments: