Saturday, June 10, 2006

WW Weigh-In #38 - 233.4 (down 4.6, 55.8 lost in total)

Today was the first WW meeting I'd been able to stay for in soooo long. It wasn't a topic I particularly have struggles with (getting in the milk servings), but that's okay. It was great just to be there. :)

I looked at my WW file and the last sticker I got was for 60 lbs. off. So I'm setting my sights on that 65-lb. sticker, and I'm aiming to get it by July 8. (I would say Canada Day, but there's no meeting that day because of the holiday.)

The rain was teeming down when we got out of our meeting today, and so I literally ran to the car. I thought that simply planting my hand on my gut to prevent maximum jiggling would keep the former-Mr.-Gallbladder appeased, but apparently not. I'm sitting here with a weird achy burn in what I'm beginning to think of as my Bermuda Triangle (formed by the surgical ports). Truly bizarre. Oh well. I guess that just means I won't be able to run for a while yet.

You should see me -- I currently have a big silly grin on my face. My grocery store finally started carrying the Source Chocolate-Covered Cherry yogurt. It tastes soooo good. I'm not one to crave chocolate, usually, but man! It is awesome!

Points-wise, and program-wise, I'm having an excellent day. I'm going to follow "Wendie" this week, so today was my super-high 42-point day. Except I'm not there yet. I even declared today "Treat Day", went to Burger King, and I still have 3.9 to go. I've had all of my veggies, milk, and, yes, oil, so they're all out of the way. I didn't really get my water in today, but I'll see how much I can get in before it's too late (ie I'll be up all night heading to the washroom).

Tonight's lottery jackpot is $4 million. I could probably do some good with that. I'd get a six-month WW membership, among many other things. I would get a 12-month one, but I might not need it by then. Previous times at WW, if someone had said that I had about a year to goal, I would have rolled my eyes and complained that it might as well be forever. But I've been at this for ten months now, and I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I'm looking forward to the next ten months, especially if it means that by keeping up my efforts, I will be near (or at) goal.

When people aske me about WW, I tell them that "the program works as hard as you do". The trick for me now is to just keep working hard.

No comments: