Monday, March 20, 2006

Back on track.

I think it's safe to say I'm back on the road to weight loss. Most of the three or four pounds I put on in the last two weeks is gone again, and I've been behaving myself in spite of the fact there are all kinds of new (low-point) yummies in the house. We went out for supper to a pub on Saturday night, and although I did my best to point out the chicken fajita salad I had, I'm sure there's more points in there in ways I couldn't see. (A little oil here, some melted cheese there.) So I'm going to eat a minimum of flexpoints this week to cover it.

I had an epiphany yesterday about what might've brought on this episode of rebellion the last two weeks. I was closing in on the next "point boundary" and would soon lose two more points from my daily points target. I'm starting to wonder if part of my brain suddenly switched on and dug in its heels: "Hell, no! We won't go!"

The other thing I've noticed is that, while I generally try to take in about 500 calories less than I burn each day, I seem to be averaging about -200 at this point. Perhaps I'll drop my points target earlier to try to accommodate that.

At any rate, we're back on-program, and although I still feel yucky from the buffet (purely psychological, I'm sure), the extra is coming off quickly and we'll soon be working on "virgin fat" once again.

No comments: