Saturday, March 01, 2008

I TOLD you I'd be back *grin*

So, here I am, getting ready to "get back on the bus".

I just weighed myself and, although I'm sure that a fair portion of the number has to do with the two pounds of pizza I ate last night (it was even advertised as such on the box!), it's still up there. But when I look back at my highest number in August of 2005, I'm still almost 30 pounds lighter than I was then. In other words, I haven't gained it all back, and that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I define partial success.

So, I suppose you're wondering where I've been. Well, I had to take a break. Not just from the blog, and going to the WW meetings, but from the whole thing. It was getting far too hard on my head. As anyone who has ever lost weight (or even tried to) knows, in order to be successful, it really has to be in the forefront of your mind at all times. And, to put it simply, that part of my brain was just getting worn out. Even though my lowest weight was almost two years ago now, I kept trying to get myself back on track, over and over and over again. And I was mentally exhausted. I just didn't have it in me.

So I looked at the calendar, looked at the date where I knew physically (because of the Seasonal Affective Disorder) I'd soon be on the upswing, and circled March 1st. It's the first day of the month, a Saturday (which is the first day of my WW week), and almost my birthday, so almost the start of a new trip around the sun. And then I gave myself permission to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, as much as I wanted, until March 1st. It was that simple. I kept checking in with WW every two weeks, to keep my membership active, but aside from glancing at the numbers, I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it. And it didn't bother me.

Now I'm at the bus stop, waiting to board again. Any comments you feel like leaving, as often as you like, will make this journey, especially the first month, a lot easier on me. The first week is the worst, and the first three weeks are crucial. After that, it gets a little easier.

Not much, but a little. (wink)

Talk more soon.

No comments: