Sunday, September 09, 2007

Busy, busy, busy ...

Well, I'm now working two jobs and am a new puppymom to a breed that's known for its energy. I'm happy, but life is hectic!

It's good to be back to work at school. I've missed it, and, to be honest, I've missed climbing up and down those stairs all day. Some of the teachers have also started up a "female fitness club". Depending on how my schedule goes the next little while, and if I get my car back soon (allowing me to get home to puppy sooner than the bus would), I just might take part.

Piper the puppy is doing well. We're gradually working our way up to longer walks. She's a bit timid of the big, wide world, so it's taking a bit to get her used to Life Off Our Property. But again, once I get the car back, I'll be able to take her to the beach, the nature park, et cetera -- places we can walk without too many Scary Things slowing us down.

I'm within five pounds of "Fiftyback" now, and I can almost taste that little coppery disk. Hopefully within the next two weeks, it will be mine! After that, my next mini-goal will be to get back to working on "virgin fat". I'm about halfway through getting rid of the weight I gained back, so that makes me happy. (And that's just since June.) As long as I stay on track, my weight should start with a "1" by the time my birthday in March rolls around. It might even happen by Christmas, but I think that might be pushing it. Doesn't mean I'm not gonna try, though! :)

I ate 34 points' worth of Doritos yesterday. I've probably told you before that I'm a "container-eater" -- that I eat until the container is empty. Well, I'd been eying these Chili Cheese Lime chips for a while, and although I kept looking, I couldn't find a small bag of them anywhere. So yesterday I decided to buy them and, knowing that even if I'd portioned them out into baggies, I'd just eat all the little baggies consecutively, I gave myself permission to have the whole darn bag if I wanted. So they are now gone, I can stop thinking about them, and we're ready to move on.

Life is good.

No comments: